Welcome to MLIBTY official BlogSite my life is better than yours: the stupidest thing ever invented

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

the stupidest thing ever invented

I believe that CAPS LOCK is unquestionably the most retarded invention i have ever had the misfortune of using. I mean, CAPS LOCK is one of the biggest buttons on the keyboard, and the sole purpose of it is to make every letter you type is in capital letter form. I doubt that it is used commonly by anyone, unless they have some weird affiliation with capital letters. In addition to its inconvenience, there are many other problems associated with CAPS LOCK. One, for instance, could be trying to write in an acronym. If i wanted to write an acronym for Alabama Nerd Dictatorship, I would have to Have to abbreviate it as AND, which would pose a real problem if I was typing in CAPS LOCK, since both the acronym AND and the word AND would appear as the same word and nobody would be able to tell the difference between the two.

The only thing more annoying than the actual CAPS LOCK itself is its location. It is so easy for someone to accidentally press on the CAPS LOCK button instead of hitting the button for the letter "A". And once you hit the CAPS LOCK button, who knows how long you will continue to type for until you realize that the CAPS LOCK is on, and one of your words is missing the letter "A" somewhere? If it were up to me, I would probably have the CAPS LOCK button come standard as a separate component to the computer. By this I mean that the CAPS LOCK button would have to be placed in another room entirely for it to work, meaning that if you needed to use it, you would just get up and go into the other room and activate the CAPS LOCK. There, its as easy as 1, 2, 3.

It is unlikely however that all the major computer (or at least keyboard) making companies will change the keyboard the way I feel it needs to be fixed. That's why I’m willing to settle for just swapping the CAPS LOCK button with something as less likely of being accidentally hit, as the F8 button. That way, you can drastically improve the keyboard while having all the same buttons at the same time!

No comments: