Welcome to MLIBTY official BlogSite my life is better than yours: Researching The ways of the Witch Doctor

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Researching The ways of the Witch Doctor

Im going to be researching the long and ancient practice of ---- Witch Doctors!!!

For those of you who are reading this and are doing the same assignment, I know how envious you are feeling towards me. I know that your topics of Ancient Greece, and the Solar system might not be as exciting, but I’m sure that they are all fine topics.

Now then, back to Witch Doctors. I don’t really know what inspired me to research this topic, but I’m glad I chose it. I have done some brief research on the topic. I found that the practice of “witch doctoring (?)” has been a long one, going on since around 5000 b.c. There have been many different cultures with witch doctors, each with their own methods and customs. I found that many cultures built their traditions off of those from other cultures. For example many civilizations take their medical means from the ancient Egyptian civilization. The Egyptians were the first to have people in specific fields; people who knew how to heal your eyes, others for your head (headaches, fevers), and others for wounds.

Hopefully, I will start researching Witch Doctors more in depth. I hope to focus on the head shrinking aspect of some witch doctors, but I’m not sure how much info is available on that topic.

No comments: